How politicians and their friends get rich off insider stock tips, land deals, and cronyism that would send the rest of us to prison.
In Throw Them All Out you’ll discover:
- How members of Congress aggressively traded stocks during the Obama health care reform debate and profited from inside information
- How Nancy Pelosi prevented a vote for two years on legislation that affected a company in which she had received lucrative IPO shares and held millions in stock
- How ten members of Obama’s 2008 National Finance Committee, along with another dozen campaign-fund bundlers received Solyndra-like sweetheart loans
- How Senator John Kerry used his position on the Senate Finance Committee to avoid stock losses
- How John Boehner bought shares in five health insurance companies just as he killed the “public option” on health care
- How Rahm Emanuel, when he was a congressman, showed nearly perfect timing by selling his stock in a company that his committee had oversight of and avoiding huge losses
- How more than dozen politicians used information gleaned from private briefings with the Treasury secretary and the Federal Reserve chairman during the 2008 financial crisis and avoided huge losses
- How Congressman Spencer Bachus aggressively traded stock options and shorted the market during the 2008 financial crisis, making large sums of money — all thanks to private briefings from the Treasury Department and the Federal Reserve
- How Congress members made big profits on biotech stocks with their inside knowledge of critical legislation
- How a powerful congressman tripled his money by investing in a small Canadian biotech firm, thanks to federal legislation he supported
- How Warren Buffett helped set up the financial bailout in 2009 while aggressively buying millions of shares in bank stocks that would benefit from his plan
- Why hedge funds with politically active investors do much better than funds with no such political connections
IT’S CRONY CAPITALISM . . . AND IT’S ALL LEGAL!